Wednesday, October 31, 2012

New Faces of Kohawk Tennis - Zach (Butters) Decker

Zach

Name: Zack Decker
Birth date: 01/27/1994
Hometown: Born in Rochester, MN and I live in Wyoming, MN. I attended Forest Lake High School in neighboring Forest Lake, MN.
Favorite Tennis Player: My favorite tennis player is Lleyton Hewitt.  He is my favorite because he has made a career out of counterpunching and staying consistent, which is how I want my game to be.  Also, he has unrivaled intensity that I love watching.
Favorite non-tennis sport/hobby: My favorite non-tennis sport is snowboarding.  I used to more often when I was younger but haven't had much time to until recently.

Butters


General background information: My parents are Mark and Pat.  My father is a professor at the University of Minnesota and my mother is a psychologist.  I am an only child.  I played many sports as a kid, but only tennis later on when I became serious about the sport.  I was a captain in high school and 3 time all-conference.  I made individual state in doubles 3 times, my senior year taking second place.
What separates you from everyone else: I like to enjoy myself in whatever I do, especially in tennis.  I don't understand why you would do something so often if you didn't take enjoyment in it. So likely I will have a goofy, unexplainable smile on my face at all times.  Also, my newly assumed nickname is butters, which is pretty original as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment