Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Kroll Report 5

Don't people always say that champions are made in the off season and that the work an athlete puts in during the off season is just as important as the work put in during the regular season? It has been made clear that a main focus for this year's off season will be conditioning and fitness. As much as I like to say that I am physically fit and in shape I have a feeling that over the next couple months that statement will be erased from my mind.

Tomorrow marks the start of the tennis teams attempt to become more physically fit. Brad will be leading workouts 4 days a week for those who want to participate. He has said that he is going to tear our bodies down, but then build them back up. I don't think I have been able to fully grasp this idea. I'm not ready to be sore, as it is one of my least favorite feelings a human being can experience (obviously I haven't had to deal with a lot of pain in my life, though, I have had an appendectomy so that hurt pretty bad).

Training to become more physically fit for tennis is something I have never done. Yes, I took Strength and Conditioning each year in high school, and yes, I ran during the summer, but I truly have never committed to a training regimen. My high school coach really wanted to incorporate physical fitness into our tennis practices, but nothing ever actually happened. We ran a couple sprints a practice for a about a week and then that was it.

I am excited for these workouts because they will ensure that I won't get fat! My older brother by ten years, Jason, had the same body type I have when he graduated high school (tall and skinny). He also played sports in high school. When he went to college he no longer played sports nor worked out. He got fat. And now every couple of months he tries to lose weight and get in shape but usually he just stops after a couple of weeks. I am hoping this first off season will create a motivation in me to work out when you don't necessarily have to. I want to be fit for life, not just the next four years.

My goals for the rest of the year as far as fitness goes are this:
Get swoll. (ripped, huge, jacked, muscular)
Be able to run up the Armstrong stairs without doubling over.
Not throw up come the start of spring season and "Krisanity".
Have a bangin' bod for spring break.

On a side note, I hope that getting physically fit will produce a better looking body, which will lead to more self-confidence in general, especially in the classroom and on the tennis court.

Happy conditioning, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment