Monday, October 8, 2012

New Faces of Kohawk Tennis - Julia Beckley



Name: Julia Beckley
Birth date: 05/05/1994
Hometown:  I was born in Littleton, Colorado and after 7 years lived in Moscow, Idaho for 9 months only to return to Fort Collins, Colorado.
Favorite Tennis Player: Venus Williams. I have always liked the Williams sisters because I have an older sister who once played tennis as well, but that is not my only reasoning for Venus Williams being my favorite player. I do not have any specifics as to her style of play that encourages me to favor her.  I like Venus because she has pushed forward through her own struggles to be a better player.
Favorite non-tennis sport/hobby:  My favorite non-tennis sport is a tossup between soccer and swimming. I’ve always been in the pool and loved the competition it had before and during high school.
General background information: My parents are Steve and Stephanie Beckley. I have one older sister who is 22, Rachel. I played soccer and swam throughout my life previous to college. I started playing recreational tennis the summer after fourth grade with 5 other girls. We all graduated at the same time after spending nine years with the same coach.
What separates you from everyone else:
I hate staying on the baseline. Even if I can out-rally someone else by with groundstrokes I want to be at the net. I want to be at the net no matter if I am playing singles or doubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment