Monday, October 22, 2012

HC Musings

Weekly thoughts, observations and rants on a stormy Monday in Cedar Rapids.

.....slept outside on the deck one more time with my three dogs last night. Great weather, and managed to be up, and inside drinking coffee when the first drops of rain fell. Dakota(my eldest husky) came staggering in a few minutes later. She appeared very disgruntled at the thought of spending the day inside.

.....Got to work at seven and despite Joe(RC Custodian extraordinaire) and I checking for leaks every fifteen minutes, court #2 still flooded. PPlant sent help immediately and damage control was minimal and all courts up and running by 930am. We did discover the problem; a plugged gutter combined with a detached roof membrane. Good early morning workout moving water around!

.....Was out running errands yesterday and my path took me past Brad's favorite store. And one of mine. Of course I had to go inside. I was proud of "escaping" Barnes & Noble with only a modest expenditure. I am now set with reading material for my upcoming December "walkabout"!

.....Speaking of December Walkabouts, I have begun checking the weather in Big Bend NP, Death Valley NP, and the Tucson AZ area. Half the fun is the anticipation!

.....In the middle of a busy month of Recruiting. Quick trip to KC and back over the weekend. Found myself seeking food at 9pm Friday. Found an open grocery store and then was able to procure a loaf of fresh pumpernickel AND a loaf of sourdough. Plus the hotel room had a toaster so two meals were taken care of with one stop! Did violate my no food after 8pm rule tho.

.....WTA Year-End Championships begin tomorrow(Tuesday) in Istanbul, Turkey. Play all week is on the Tennis Channel(DirecTV 217). Doubles Final is Sunday on TC at 730am Central and the Singles Final is live on ESPN2 Sunday at 1pm Central. Serena and Vika are the obvious favorites. Rumor has it Brad will be commentating on his favorite female tennis players to watch in his Thursday forum.






No comments:

Post a Comment