Tuesday, October 23, 2012

New Faces of Kohawk Tennis - Shade Hannum


Name: Shade Hannum
Birth date: 5/24/1994
Hometown: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Favorite Tennis Player: My favorite player is Serena Williams. She is able to generate an amazing amount of spin and power on her serves which I find fairly inspirational.
Favorite non-tennis sport/hobby: I enjoy most sports and outdoor activities. I find golf incredibly frustrating, but I’m thinking about making that a project for next summer! Maybe improving my patience through golf will translate to more self-tolerance on the tennis court.
General background information: My parents are Eric Hannum and Kim Brusuelas, both of whom reside in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  I have three younger siblings Ryland, Benjamin and Pearl. I started playing tennis the summer before my freshman year of high school, prior to tennis I played both soccer and softball. I played tennis all throughout high school and co-captained the team my Junior and Senior year. I have to thank my step-dad Ed Benavidez for introducing me to tennis and for supporting me in my various athletic endeavors.
What separates you from everyone else: the Kohawk women’s tennis team is home to players with a wide array of playing styles, each with their unique strengths. As a player, one of my biggest strengths is my serve, a skill I hope to continue to develop during my time as a Kohawk. I also hope to learn from the strengths of my teammates and end each season as a better, more well-rounded, player than I was at the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment