Monday, September 10, 2012

New Faces of Kohawk Tennis - Tamara Washington



Name: Tamara Washington
Birthdate: 8- 18-1994
Hometown: I was born in Pomona, CA and I have lived in Corona, CA my whole life.
Favorite Tennis Player: My favorite tennis player is Serena Williams. I love her tenacity and fierceness on the court. I don’t agree too much with some of her on court diction, but her serve as well as her groundstrokes are what have caused some of my admiration.
Favorite Non-Tennis Sport/hobby: Other sports that I enjoy and have participated in previously have been track and basketball. I have played basketball basically as long as I have played tennis. My other hobbies include painting and drawing.
General Background Info: My parents are Virgil and Elizabeth Washington. My dad is an Orange County Deputy in CA, and my mother no longer works. I have two older brothers, Khris who is 22 and Mike who is 20. I played basketball, track, and soccer before I decided to play tennis. In high school I only played tennis and basketball. I was a three time M.V.P in both, All- league in tennis, a two year captain in basketball, and a four year captain in tennis.
What Separates me from everyone else: For one, I am the only from California. Besides that, I would say what separates me from everyone else is the fact that I have strained the same back muscle twice as well as two additional oblique muscles the second time… in a time span of two years haha. Other than that, I believe that we all are coming in with relatively the same aspects to give and gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment