Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Health & Wellness - Drink Up!

Over the years, I have considered authoring a book.  In fact, I once started a novel about a female standout athlete that accepted a DI tennis scholarship, juts off to college, meets Rafi - baseball player and professional model (pictured below since Brad always includes pictures), etc, etc.  Sound like someone you know?  Probably not, because you didn't know me then!  Admit that it was a romantic fairytale (not my own, but for readership of course) and wouldn't have sold based on the explicit novels topping the charts these days.....i.e. Fifty Shades of Grey (still convinced myself that this book is referencing the study of law).

More recently, and for supplemental income (yes, my life has transitioned from a romantic fairytale to that of an Assistant Tennis Coach in need of supplemental income), the topic of choice for my book would be tied to health and wellness.

Nonetheless, my ambitions have been curtailed for two reasons in the past week alone:
1.  Coach and I have decided that we will no longer author on the blog (or for the purpose of making my point....author at all); Brad's weekly commentary has cast an overshadow over any insight or literature we can offer.*
2.  To my dismay, I discovered that the book I would author has already been written:  52 Small Changes; One Year to a Happier, Healthier You, by Brett Blumenthal.

On Amazon, you can "Look Inside" the book to see all 52 points of change (in the Table of Contents). Many have been discussed in past posts of mine:  Put the Whole in Your Grains, Downshift Your Dairy, Be a Bean Counter (eat beans), Strengthen Your Core, Nuts and Seeds and Oils, Indulge Wisely (my post last week), etc.

I encourage you to browse through the Table of Contents yourself.  I have the book on order and will be utilizing it as a resource as I continue to hype Health & Wellness.  Perhaps a violation of copyrighted material, but the citation should cover me (just another shade of grey right!).

To tie all of this into something useful, and the theme for my weekly Wednesday postings, I present to you a challenge/change moving forward (and Week 1 in the Table of Contents)....Drink Up!  Without having the book in front of me, I am going to guess that this is in reference to water (and not the beverage of choice MJ, or MW**, had in mind).  Despite many failed attempts to do so in my own life, I am going to have a See the Glass Half Full (Week 5) mindset, and try again (Emmie would tell you to do the same).  Too many "experts" in this world to KNOW what quantity of water you should be drinking, and I don't claim to be one myself.  For now, drink MORE than you currently do.  Send yourself an email reminder, or set an alarm, reminding yourself to do so if need be.  Get up once finished reading this post and START or ADD to your daily goal.

To go full circle on you, it did cross my mind how similar the author of 52 Small Changes (Brett Blumenthal) and I must be.  Perhaps he is my romantic fairytale?  Not the case.  He is a she.  :(

Finally, our AD gave me grief about shades of grey today.....suppose best that I asked before having done though.

* Reality.....I will continue posting and try to live up to the new Kohawk Tennis blogger standard (who knew a public University in TX could churn out such quality?).  Hope this first attempt stacked up.....

** Not referencing Woolf here.

No comments:

Post a Comment