Tuesday, September 18, 2012

New Faces of Kohawk Tennis - Mark Kroll

Name: Mark Kroll
Birth date: March 24, 1994
Hometown: Castle Rock, Colorado
Favorite Tennis Player: My favorite player is Kim Clijsters. She is my favorite to watch, and I respect her the most. She doesn’t have the most titles, the most power, the most touch, the most effective serve, but she does all of these things well. She is as complete of a player you can find on the women’s tour especially. Her attitude on court is one that every player should want to emulate.
Favorite non-tennis sport/hobby: I really got into hiking this summer. I went on a number of different hikes along the Front Range. Some of my favorites are Devils Head in Sedalia, CO, and the Manitou Springs Incline in Manitou Springs, CO. (This area was one of the first to be evacuated when the Waldo Canyon Fire broke out.)
General background information: (family, pets, sports, etc.) I am the youngest of three boys, Jason, 28, Beau, 25. My brothers have a different father than I but you would never know it. The strength of our relationship doesn’t show too much but we all know the kind of bond we have is very special. My mom raised all three of us by ourselves and I consider her my personal hero/greatest inspiration/best friend. She is from New Hartford, IA and I have aunts and uncles there still. I have a niece, Natali, 15 mos., and a nephew, Caden. 22 mos. They are the two most special little kids in the world and I love them dearly. They have been the light of our family since they were born. I have two Boston Terriers named Roxie and Kratos and they are weird, and ugly but that is what makes them awesome and cute. I played volleyball, baseball and basketball while growing up. I started actually playing matches and practicing for tennis the summer before my freshman year or maybe a little earlier. I played baseball through my sophomore year and then focused on tennis.
What separates you from everyone else: (funny or serious) I will probably win a Grammy someday, because I am extremely talented when it comes to singing and often take the liberty of serenading my friends or people I don’t know. My talent shines while singing anything from T-Payne to Carrie Underwood to Nicki Minaj to a lot of 90’s pop music including but certainly not limited to Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. I’m actually terrible at singing but I decided it doesn’t really matter that much and I sing anyway. On a good day though, I can’t help but dream…

No comments:

Post a Comment