Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Kroll Report 3



Let me first apologize for missing last Tuesday's post and nearly missing this weeks as well.

A small word of advice; don't take three writing-emphasis classes in the same term. It is nothing short of ridiculous. I am currently writing upwards of 5,000 words a week plus reading a book every two weeks for one class. It is intense and no human could possibly finish all this work the honest way (without SparkNotes).

My first collegiate tennis experience took place this past weekend for the IIAC Individual Conference Tournament. It was certainly a weekend to remember: A weekend to remember that maybe we were literally at the least capable school to host a tournament. I played one of my matches on glass and that was really exciting. I have never shanked the ball so many times in my life (though I have certainly come close). If your timing wasn't spot on, chances were that ball was being shanked to the next court.

The weather in general didn't help out any. It was cold, and rainy and windy for the whole weekend. Those three weather conditions worked really well together all weekend. Often times, it was miserable. Especially with all the waiting. So much waiting.

Some of the other things I was exposed to this weekend was all the support from the parents. We were constantly being asked if we wanted food and the parents really looked after us. It was great. I'm used to having to beg for somebody to bring their leftover granola bar to my match. Also, the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins were definitely the best muffins I have ever had. Thank you, parents.

I learned that bringing a pillow is a clutch decision for any road trip. It was also brought to my attention that I have no regard for people's personal space while I'm traveling. Apparently I looked for a shoulder to lean on more than once on the trip and for that I would like to say sorry to Mitchell and Ryan. I will say though that at one point I offered my shoulder up to a fellow teammate. I guess not everybody is as willing as I am to have somebody leaning on you for two hours.

Though the tennis playing conditions were light years away from perfect, the rest of the weekend was full of team-bonding and cracking jokes.

A shout out to the women for their success at ITA's this past weekend and good luck to the Men traveling to ITA's this weekend. Go get em', boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment