Monday, September 3, 2012

New Faces of Kohawk Tennis - Mitchell Schumacher


Name: Mitchell Schumacher      

Birth date: December 4, 1993

Hometown: Born in Iowa City, Iowa and I have lived in Clinton, Iowa ever since.

Favorite Tennis Player: For me, It is a toss-up. My usual favorite is Rafa Nadal because of his movement and will to win every match he steps on the court for. He is also a lefty like me so I can appreciate his approach to playing. I am also a big Tomas Berdych fan because of his easy power when he hits the ball. He gets so low to the ground with his knees compared to most other players on tour. He also carries himself very well and I admire that.
Favorite non-tennis sport/hobby: I love to run not only to stay in shape, but also as a stress relief valve. I used to run 5k’s and such, but now I just run until I can’t run anymore.

General background information: My parents are Ken and Diane Schumacher. Ken is a retired fireman of 32 years, and my mother is in line to become the superintendent of Northeast, the school I attended. For now she is just the curriculum director and the elementary school principal. I have technically five siblings, although I only grew up with two of them. Karitsa is 25 and lives in Hawaii (lucky me), and Maddie is 16 and attends Northeast. I was involved in track, basketball, baseball, tennis, soccer, and football throughout middle and high school. In high school I mainly focused on tennis, then basketball, then baseball. Tennis is where I excelled and I was a team captain, 2 time MVP, 1st and 2nd team all-conference, a 3 time state qualifier, and a one-time place winner in doubles (6th).

What separates you from everyone else: There is not really that much that separates me from others. I am only 6 feet tall, and can dunk. I have a near 40 inch vertical. Also, if you read the last section closely I stated that I have 5 siblings. This is because I am adopted and have another 2 sisters and a brother, all younger. I just got the chance to meet them all and my real mother for the first time a week ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment