Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sweet Potatoes!

Conversation with Emmie yesterday:

Emmie:  Mom, they're making french fries on TV (I had the FoodNetwork on).  I love french fries.  They are my favorite.  Why don't you like french fries?

Kris:  I like french fries.

Emmie:  No, not the orange ones.  Why don't you like the yellow ones?

Thus, the topic of the week is sweet potatoes.  For starters, a sidekick to pumpkin (my favorite SuperFood).  As such, lowers the risk of various cancers, promotes youthful/healthy skin, amongst other benefits.

A recipe to put on the Thanksgiving Day table, INSTEAD of the usual mashed potatoes:

Chili-Spiced Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Two bonus SuperSpices within...cinnamon and chili powder!
(I'd replace the brown sugar with honey, or agave nectar)

Which looks more appealing to you?

A.
OR 
B.         



No comments:

Post a Comment