Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Even I Eat Pizza....

Late in October, I found myself at Tomaso's Pizza with Emmie, my parents and my Grandma on a Friday evening.  Upon leaving, there in the corner, sat a former Kohawk tennis player (quite successful one at that!), staff member at Coe and member of my fitness class.....the description is of the same person, not 3 different individuals for those who struggled to follow my train of thought.  Chris Paasch was in the corner, a stylish hat pulled over his brow, legs crossed and with a newspaper opened / covering his identity.  He lowered the newspaper, said hello, and asked if I was going to blog post about the experience.....eating pizza that is (not exactly in line with my reputation on campus!).  We both laughed and I now present Paasch with the requested blog post:

Yes, even I eat pizza.*  For a number of reasons:
1.  Tomato Sauce.  Although the sauce itself is high in sugar, TOMATOES are a SuperFood.
2.  Moderation.  Everything in moderation is fine, and indulgence IS a necessity. Without, one tends to look like this when actually exposed:
3.  Tomaso's IS the best pizza in Cedar Rapids.  The original location at 3234 Center Point Road NE; the other locations don't stack up.  If/when indulge, do it right.  I would ask that you never again settle for what college kids deem, or define, as pizza.
4.  I had earned the indulgence.  As did Paasch via Friday fitness class.....and specifically, the GAUNTLET!

Having explained myself, and justified Paasch waiting for his own take-out pizza, I ask Paasch why he felt it necessary to hide in the corner.....as if embarrassed, or fearful of running into me?

With pride, I hereby solemnly swear, and present you with evidence of my weakness (one of the 12):
Emmie also gets pizza.....and root beer....and I am always on the lookout for a candy shop (for her of course)!
*  Also admit to having drank the beer on tap.  Samuel Adams Octoberfest.  Once again, I would ask that you never again settle for what college kids deem, or define, as beer.  This comment remains an asterisk as it would be Brad's (or even Coach's) realm to blogpost about beer selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment