Friday, May 4, 2012

Kohawk Thoughts


Random thoughts from YOUR Kohawks!  Per demand, we will make this a weekly or bi-weekly post.  Perhaps a contest next week to match the quote with the Kohawk?  The winner(s) shall receive a free t-shirt!

Doug has the highest "shot" tolerance...  – TW

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.  Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.  Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.  Education will not; the world is full of educated failures.  Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.  – TL

It still hasn’t hit me that it’s officially the summer!  - Hoff

To be the best means to finish strong. Everyone can start good, but to finish strong; only few!!!  - VK

My summer goal is to win a radio call-in contest.  – JP

Everyone needs to be aware of The Rodgers Effect – when Coach is within a 100 yard radius of your court, and you start playing bad because you know he’s watching you.  – SS

I wish I was as calm as Coach Rob on the tennis court.  – CN

It’s not where you start; it’s where you finish.  – MW

OK.  So, yesterday, we’re playing doubles.  Two individuals brought exercise bikes from inside the Racquet Center and placed them outside.  I said to Tyler, are they really going to do that?  Tyler replied that it was a nice day out so why not?  My response was that if they are concerned about biking outside, why don’t they do it on a real bike?  - JF

I really love the nights when Tom (head of food services) brings out some prime rib or ribeye and serves it in the cafeteria!  Those are my favorite nights!  - TH

DL:  Tough work out Kris. 
CoachK:  That was the warm-up Douglas.
- DL

Byahh (JR).  – MJ

Woolfy, aim for the court, not the trash can (stated by Coach Rob).  - JD

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game (from Cinderella Story).  – MS

It’s amazing how much easier tennis is when you hit the ball in the court.  – SO

I’m part of Coe College Tennis.  – AK  (you are indeed Alex; proud to have you aboard…..see photo of AK's shiner below)

In getting the guys psyched for the Elmhurst match, we went around the table at dinner and I asked them to name their favorite bada$$ movie/tv character – the idea being that they could channel that character’s energy/charisma/toughness etc on the court.  A few that I recall were JR as Jason Bourne, Woolf as Bruce Lee, and VK as Marat Safin (not fictional, but definitely a character).  The strangest by far, though, was Jeff Damisch choosing SpongeBob Squarepants….I can’t explain that one, but maybe we all need to follow suit – Jeff was our only guy to win 2 matches that day, and clinched the 5th point to boot!  - Coach Rob

After 3 days of trying to balance life, and work, with a sick 4 year old, I come home to find out that I have been summoned for jury duty on June 4th – the first day of our Summer Clinics.  Really?  - Coach Kris

I’m not sick.  I want to go to Hy-Vee for breakfast.  I’ll get you pancakes…..and french toast for myself tomorrow. – Emmie  (Emmie and I always share a meal; she prefers the french toast, I the pancakes.  In other words, we ALWAYS get french toast.)

I couldn’t help but notice that you were looking for Vidalia onions, and settled for the yellow.  The Vidalia are on sale this week, and over here.  -  Stated by a gentleman I came across at the grocery store…..are my thoughts really that obvious?

I got rained on while doing hill sprints per your direction.  Thank you.  – One of the many individuals in my life trying to better their own health!

I don’t like to think before I speak.  I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.  – A forward sent to me by Nikki Kuehl (’02).

No comments:

Post a Comment