Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Office, Screens, Emmie & Tomatoes!

New windscreens (with logo) on the courts!  Looks very slick.  A project Coach Rodgers took the lead on this Summer.


While Coach was away for his annual walkabout last year, the office was painted (gold with crimson accents).  The countertops were also epoxied so as to rid us of the 20 year old green laminate.  This year, the cabinets, doors and trim were sanded and refinished.  The office was also cleaned/gutted....Kelsey and I purged much and remain thankful that we held onto, and found, the two remotes that control the main foyer TV's....they were missing for a half day and Coach was not happy!  Thanks go Kelsey, Lindsay and Shishir for their help!  Pumpkin muffins for all coming soon!


Since on the topic of SuperFoods (pumpkin).....like that transition :)......tomatoes are in season!  Emmie and I spent some time in the garden of close friends of mine (Kylie and Ryan) and my Aunt Verla (she is 89 years old and full of life) this past weekend.  With an excess of fresh tomatoes, I found a recipe to roast and freeze them for Winter stews, chili and/or spaghetti sauce:
Roasted Roma Tomatoes (can substitute any other variety as well)
I have also promised Verla and Kylie pumpkin muffins in exchange for the wonderful produce.


Also pictured, Coach giving Emmie a tennis lesson in the Racquet Center!  Earlier in the day, I received a call from her school stating that she was sick and I needed to pick her up.  In reality, and in her own words, "I choked on a pea at lunch, and my stomach didn't like it."  She was grinning from ear to ear when I picked her up, whilst all of the other kids were sanctioned to nap time.


Brad arrives today.  He is in Wichita, KS en route now.  Practice starts Monday.  Orientation Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment