Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Serving from the Ad Court....

Managed to replicate my "borderline insane" style of play this morning.....to an extent. Found myself over-utilizing the flattened out forehand, which resulted in my "tarping" the ball on several occasions. Also, had difficulty transitioning that style of play from hitting in to point-play and/or maintaining it for long periods of time (as previously alluded to, emotionally and physically draining to do so). Nonetheless, ecstatic that I was able to come close to what I produced on Sunday. Will endeavour to produce in point-play / matchplay.

On an unrelated note, as I warmed up my serve leading in to point-play this morning, it dawned on me that the majority of warm-up serves are taken in the deuce court. As such, I would guesstimate that many of us have hit 20-25% more serves in the deuce court, as opposed to the ad, over the course of our tennis careers. Given the fact that most pressure points are played in the ad court, don't you find that fact to be pure irony? I hereby propose that the majority of warm-up serves be taken from the ad court. I sincerely doubt the implementation of my proposal given the norm and hesitancy to deviate from, but I would like to see an opponent's reaction to my starting warm-up serves from the ad court. Call me crazy, but attention to detail can only make us better, right?

Coach Kris an excellent point here about Ad-Court serving. I know I prefer to warm up my serve in the Deuce, simply to align my toss/swing to produce my T-serve on that side. All my other serves seem to flow once I have established that rhythm. No reason whatsoever to ignore the Ad-Court warm-up serves. I vow to always take serves from both Deuce & Ad Courts!.............Coach R

No comments:

Post a Comment