Friday, January 7, 2011

Guess I should've been more careful!

My latest fascination on the tennis court has been formulating a method of coaching high level footwork.

And, in so doing, I spent a lot of time on court, hitting a lot of shots. And working on new-style shots to go along with footwork.

Specifically hitting Spanish-style forehands. Think Nadal. Only with the Right Hand!

Since I have been playing for a long(quite long!) time my strokes are generally described by our players as archaic. I much prefer "old-school"!

The forehand wrist snaps are quite different from "old-school" to Rafael Nadal. Let's just say that my elbow couldn't handle the strain. As a matter of fact, it appears that over the next few days I will get to practice my ambidexterity. My right elbow doesn't seem to be bending at the moment, and is quite swollen!

When I get back on the court, you can expect to see me back hitting my old, archaic shots!

What's the old saying, you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment