Monday, January 17, 2011

Give the players what they want.....

Nat (featured in our Player Profile earlier this month) came to me with a special request. For her senior season, she wanted GOLD shoes. For the record, I am admittedly a bit obsessed with tennis shoes and always appreciate a bit of moxie on the court, displayed via cool shoes. Given the lack of GOLD shoes available, I fell back on past experience. Having once successfully spray-painting a pair of shoes for a Halloween costume, I knew the technique was a sure-fire solution to Nat's request. With little help and a few tips from me, Nat created her own GOLD shoes to wear this Spring........or at least until Coach Rodgers notices paint chips/marks on the courts!

Believe me, the picture does not do the shoes justice....they are high-gloss and fashion forward! I fully expect a shoe sponsorship once shoe companies realize / take note of the extreme measures we take to ensure quality footwear here at Coe College!

No comments:

Post a Comment