Saturday, January 8, 2011

Player Profile - Natalie Bordignon

Player Profile

NATALIE BORDIGNON
, Graduating Class of 2011

Major(s)/Minor(s): Studio Art and Education (K-12)
Plans After Graduation: "Substitute teach and make my own artwork for a year, then go to graduate school to get my MFA in Ceramics."

Why Natalie Chose Coe College?
"I chose Coe because it has everything I wanted in a college. It is a close community where faculty, staff and students care about each other. Yet, it is still big enough that the academics, athletics, fine arts, facilities and opportunities available to students are exceptional, especially in comparison to other Division III schools."

Natalie's Coe Tennis Story:

On the court, Nat has worked extremely hard over the course of the last 15 months (knowing she was going to be called upon to contribute greatly during the Spring season of her junior year, and throughout her senior year). She has certainly done so!

Natalie's Best Tennis Memory: "Being tied 4-4 with Wartburg in the Fall of 2010. I was the last match on the court and ended up winning my match / the match as a team. At that time, I realized that all of the hard work I had done was really making a difference in my game and was definitely worth it!"

Off court, Natalie most enjoys team dinners and appreciates the relationships she has developed with current and past teammates. The Spring Break trips (in which the men's and women's teams travel together) stand out in her memory also, along with the camaraderie within each team, and amongst the two teams.

Favorite Quote(s) by Coach Rodgers:
"Natalie....be nice to Natalie." (told to Nat when she is being too hard on herself)
"Be good, not great, and the rest will come."

Nat's Take on the Coe Tennis Program:

"I can't even begin to describe how much I've grown and improved as a tennis player because of the Coe Tennis Program. I now consider myself a TENNIS PLAYER, rather than someone who plays tennis. I've developed confidence on the tennis court that I never had in high school. Having real tennis courts to play on all year round has also been very important in my growth."

"In terms of personal growth, I've always been a hard worker and dedicated to what I do, but these values have been further ingrained in me because of the Coe Tennis Program. Coach Rodgers and Coach Kris have taught me to do the best I can at everything I do, whether it be academics, work or tennis."

Natalie's Experience at Coe Outside of Tennis:

Natalie's Favorite Class: Gender, Race, and Sex in the Media with Professor Susanne Gubanc
"It was a very eye opening experience, which taught me to look at all sides of the issues in today's society."

This past summer, Natalie spent the summer in St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN doing an internship in ceramics at the Northern Clay Center and teaching tennis at Interlachen Country Club. It is an experience she will never forget and attributes the opportunity to her education at Coe College.

Natalie is also heavily involved in the sorority - Alpha Sigma Alpha. She served as the President for the sorority this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment