Monday, February 24, 2014

700 Wins!!

Head Coach Eric Rodgers won his 700th match Saturday.

Coach Rodgers attains a milestone 700 career wins!  Story here:
http://www.coeathletics.com/article/1751.php#.UwtkI0KwLjI

When asked of his most memorable moment en route to 700 wins, "Ironic, since what I remember specifically are some of the losses....watching individuals and teams reach the peak of their competitive skills.....and the annual Senior Tennis Banquets."

I was recently interviewed by one of our players for a class (Industrial Psychology).  He asked me, "What makes a great coach?"  I hadn't spent much time pondering this, but responded, "Experience.  I have been both a poor and good coach, and everywhere in between on the scale.  However, one cannot possibly be a GREAT coach without years of experience.  One learns by doing in this industry.....every day, challenge, and player is different.  That is what I love about my job."

Coach Rodgers has years of experience and IS a GREAT coach; I am honored to have him as a mentor, and friend.
Congratulations to Coach Rodgers on 700 wins!  
I know that he is already focused on the path/journey towards the next milestone, rather than the milestone itself.

The Kohawks depart this Thursday and Friday for Spring Break in FL.  16 men, 11 ladies, 3 coaches and a plethora of supporting fans (30-40?).  Will post pictures, videos and live scoring to the blog throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment