Thursday, July 19, 2012

Quotes...

5 quotes/stories that I came across this past week and wanted to pass along.....


Read in Outliers:
"No one who can rise before dawn three hundred sixty days a year fails to make his family rich."


Two of the TapOut XT (my most recent endeavor) mottos:
"You don't walk away from a challenge; you RUN to it."
"Results are not made in the comfort zone."  (closely related to a Coach Rodgers' principle)


Sent to me from Kristy Staker as part of her Faithfully Fit Newsletter:

“The world would be better off if people tried to become better. And people would become better if they stopped trying to be better off.” -Peter Maurin

Received via email from givemore.com:
Work Ethic

I was running a scrimmage during a soccer practice with 11-year-old boys.

On the field next to us was a group of about 20 men playing a game.
At one point, a ball flew from their field through our field and down a hill about 50 yards.

One of my players immediately (almost instinctively) ran down
the field to get the ball and return it.

I asked, "Why did you do that, Adam?"

"I was closest," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment