Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Expedition

For the 4th time this Summer, I put myself on the line in an entry level professional tournament. This time, I found myself in Saint Joseph, MO. For the 4th time this Summer, I "lost". To analogize my summer to the game of baseball, I struck out.....the catcher then dropped the 3rd strike, and I tripped on my way to 1st.

However, note that my stating that I lost was put in parentheses. The journey was well worthwhile in terms of personal and professional growth. I am actually reminded of an article that Coach Rodgers passed on to me not too long ago, written by Pete Bodo:

Although I will never attain the success, or progress (as referenced by Bodo), that Agassi achieved over time, I certainly made my own progress this summer. I also have more love and appreciation for the game of tennis, and those that make progress of their own, than ever before.

I sincerely hope to be able take this journey again next Summer! Although not defined by the outcome, I would more than welcome a victory the next time around!

Good luck to the juniors competing in the Iowa Open these next few days. I am looking forward to the Adult Tournament this weekend. It is yet another opportunity to grow!

I can't help but share the following picture. Emmie's most recent artistry:

No comments:

Post a Comment