Thursday, May 6, 2010

Conference Day!

I know it has been a long while since I last posted. No excuses, just busy with bringing the season to a close. Today is the IIAC Men's Championship day. A rather melancholy day for me. On one hand, VERY excited to participate in two matches today, hopefully challenging for the title. On the other hand, a rather sad day to be a tennis coach as the season could well be over in a few hours.

No more practices, no more working with the players on court. You see, here in D3, the NCAA forbids coaches from working with their players outside of the designated 19 week season. For those coaches, and I include myself and Coach Kris, we LOVE the time we get to spend on court with the players. That is the single driving force behind me being in this profession!

It is certainly not the four racquets I have to get strung before we go to Iowa City!

No comments:

Post a Comment