Thursday, December 12, 2013

Frozen

It's finals week and everything at Coe is winding down for the year. I don't have a lot to say for my final blog post, but I do want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and tell one story before signing off until next year.

Last Sunday I decided to go for my usual run at the Sac & Fox Trail. That wouldn't be very interesting just by itself, but when I woke up it was snowing. Usually if this happens I will forgo running outside and head for the treadmill and indoor track. This time, however, I decided to brave the wind, cold, and snow to keep experiencing the great outdoors. The run was fun although one thing you don't realize about running with snow falling is that it gets in your eyes every other step. I spent half the time running blind just hoping I didn't go off the trail into the river. The end result of my run looked like this:

Yes, that is ice.
As you can see, all the snow and sweat froze. If you look at that picture and think, "wow that's cool!" then you're probably a little bit crazy - like me. If you look at that picture and think "wow, that's crazy" then you're definitely correct, but will probably miss out on some cool experiences like running through a snowstorm. 

That's all for this year! Hope the holiday's are great, and I will be back at the start of the tennis season.

No comments:

Post a Comment