Friday, June 17, 2011

On my way to Cleveland....

As previously posted, I have been accepted into the Qualifying Draw of the Cleveland $10,000 Event. I departed this afternoon, am staying in Fremont, IN this evening and will complete the drive tomorrow. Check-in is Saturday afternoon with play beginning Sunday morning.

Honestly, my trip has been difficult and stressful thus far. A few hours into my trip, I experienced a 45 minute delay due to construction on I-80. Then, a few miles into Indiana, the overhead sign reads, "Car Stalled 6 Miles Ahead, Center Lane Closed." More construction followed. Finally decide to stop for dinner at a KFC. Rarely eat fast food, but was thinking their new grilled chicken would be acceptable. Turns out, it was a KFC Express with a limited menu and thus, no grilled chicken. Much later than expected, FINALLY get off the highway and can see my hotel......the bridge to get to the other side is closed.....7 mile detour. Lastly, the Hampton cannot find my reservation despite my having a reservation #......they booked me at the Hampton in Fremont, CA instead of Fremont, IN. Luckily, the pool is open until 11 tonight so I now have 20 minutes to get a few laps in before turning in for the night.

All in all, suppose today was simply a test of mental strength for me......difficult path will make the opportunity that much more rewarding when arrive!

You can follow my progress via the following link:
Scroll down to the Ladies Cleveland Tennis Championships - Cleveland, Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment